Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a beautiful day!

So if I just told you that I snarfed ( a word meaning ate really fast without breathing) down some pizza and then danced the night away to the heavy heart pounding music techno style with the beat of drums and accompanied instruments I bet the last place you would think I would be is an ashram in India. However that is exactly where I am. This unexpected journey always has beautiful and well yes.... unexpected twists and turns. I am currently in South India at an amazing place called Oneness University. It is a a place where people from all over the world from different religions and cultures come together to learn to find peace in their own lives, their families lives and the lives of all of humanity, to heal relationships and to expand their level of consciousness. More about Oneness later.....I am here volunteering for a new web site that will be launched soon.

I have been here in India since the first part of December. It is my third time here in as many years. If you would have told me 6 years ago when I was at the bar downing shots of Grand Marnier chased by 6 beers into my 300 pound body that I would be going to India three times in the next ten years I would have slapped you and asked you why you drank so much ; ) When I look back at the past four years I really wonder how my life became like a Hollywood Movie. It literally all started in a Bar in Arizona with a Capt Morgan in my hand. Who would have thunk it????? That was why it started as UNEXPECTED and has pretty much kept to that theme ever since.

I am in the process here in India of finishing a book about the last few years of my life in which it has literally been transformed in every area. Divine Grace has been running the show and I have slowly but surely over the years given up the reigns as hard as that has been. back to the here and now otherwise known as today, I was talking to a great friend of mine earlier, she suggested I make my book an e-book forgoing the traditional arduous paper book process. It was interesting that I had not thought of this option, but I guess I was so stuck on that I would have many publishers dying for my work and they would be bidding for my story. Hey it could happen ; ) My main goal is to get the story out to as many people as possible as quickly as possible....So when she said E-book and explained the trend in e-books I got an immediate yes inside. Within a couple hours I had this blog and a few possible domain names purchased for the books web site.

I had a couple of great friends online helping me narrow down the website. Once the process was over I was called to go to a homa, which is an ancient vedic fire ceremony. The celestial gods and goddesses are contacted through the means of agni, the ancient fire. The intent of the homa was for success in worldly ventures that spread the news of anything that helps to reduce human suffering. You have to experience a proper Homa, before you can understand the immense power that that have. The Divine Presence is so thick in the room that even the most dense people energetically feel it.

All I know is that it was not a coincidence that this homa was performed on the day that I spontaneously decided to launch this venture. It was not a coincidence but the entire day was Unexpected...hence going along with the major theme of my life the past few years which has been an Unexpected Journey! I had my bags backed to catch a bus to Tiruvannamalei this morning, which is a beautiful little town 5 hours south of here. I need to go to get the other half of my stuff , because once again it is totally Unexpected that I would be staying at this ashram for 6 weeks helping out. As you get to know me you will understand and see this theme with me more and more and you will see also how grateful to the Divine inside of me I truly am that has actually graced me with enough love and awareness to actually let go of the wheel. This allows me to be grateful for the unexpected instead of upset. There is a freedom in that that every ancient tradition has spoken about. With that thought, I will leave you for today! Infinite Salutations to the Eternal Divine within all beings....

2 comments:

  1. All my blessings for your new blog and webiste. You are a true inspiring force and whoever happens into your life is truly blessed to have the chance to come across such a wonderful person as you are in their path.
    Peace :)

    stef

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patrick! Love the site....this is a great way to get your message out! Mom and I are truly inspired by your 1st blog. We are excited to continue this story with you. Much Love!
    Your lil (but just as intelligent) sis

    ReplyDelete